Berlin Music Commission is looking for a student assistant (m/f/d) in the field of sustainability management
The Berlin Music Commission networks, strengthens and represents players from all areas of the music industry and is also their mouthpiece vis-à-vis politics and other industries. Through active networking and with the help of various consulting and event formats, it bundles creative and economic potential. In this way, sustainable projects are developed that make the players fit for the demands of a digitalized world and contribute to the professionalization of the music industry.
We are looking for a working student in the field of sustainability management for 6 – 12 months with the option of an extension. The ideal start date would be April 1, 2023.
As a working student in the field of sustainability management, you will support our team and the BMC Sustainability Working Group in establishing the basic structures for a sustainable management system for the Berlin Music Commission and the Berlin music industry network. Our goal is to create a 50% position from 2024 at the latest to develop a sustainable management system for the BMC within the framework of DIN ISO 20121.
- Research and analysis of appropriate funding programs Assistance in the formulation of appropriate applications Organization and moderation of the BMC sustainability working group
- Implementation of sustainability measures of the BMC and for the music industry in Berlin
- Raising awareness of environmental issues and sustainable action among the players in the music industry and the BMC network
- Collaboration with politicians, administrators, associations and other stakeholders at the local, state and national level to shape the industry’s transformation.
- Ongoing studies in the field of sustainability, environment, transformation design or comparable disciplines Experience in project work, ideally in the field of sustainability or environment
- You have a passion for project and organizational processes
- Knowledge of the Berlin music scene as well as relevant actors and structures
- Strong communication skills, team orientation and commitment
- Very good German and good English skills, both written and spoken
Working hours: 20h/week
Duration: 06 – 12 months with the option of extension.
Ideally from April 1, 2023
Remuneration: employment as a working student with an hourly rate of €13.50
You can expect:
- A versatile and varied range of tasks in a young and dynamic team
- Practical experience and a great deal of personal responsibility from day one
- Exciting insights into the various fields of work in the Berlin music industry as well as invitations to and participation in meetings and events of the industry.
Applications from women and non-cis-male applicants and otherwise marginalized people are explicitly welcome and will be given preferential consideration.
Recognized severely disabled persons or persons with equivalent disabilities will be given preferential consideration in cases of equal suitability. Please inform us of any severe disability in your application, if applicable.
Application deadline: Friday, March 31st, 2023
Please send your detailed application, stating your earliest possible starting date, by e-mail to Eva Kiltz (email@example.com) by March 31st, 2023.