The consulting music business is an open network format for exchange, consultation and problem analysis. With the support of experts, support and know-how for concrete questions and topics are offered to small groups of participants at regular events.
In the consultation session “(Ac)counting on you – Buchhaltung und Rechnungswesen” on 13.08.2020, Daniela Luerssen (Freelance Accountant) answers general accounting questions with a focus on correct invoicing and the reduced sales tax (since 1 July).
After completing her training as an event manager, Daniela Luerssen started her own business as an accountant at the beginning of 2017 after working for MTV, Bread & Butter and Trinity. Since then, she has been working with various tax consultants for various labels, distributors, artists, concert and advertising agencies as well as start-ups from various fields and, last but not least, the Berlin Music Commission in all accounting, personnel and organizational matters.
In dialogue with the participants, she will address the following topics, among others:
- Fake self-employment: Do I have to employ someone, or can I bill my clients or do I have to be employed?
- What costs can I deduct from my tax return?
- What do I have to consider when registering a business in the music industry?
- Reduction of the sales tax from 01.07., what do I have to consider regarding the date of performance?
- What must an invoice contain?
- Domestic, EU and third country invoices to companies and private customers
- Why do I need a VAT number?
- Foreigners tax and double taxation agreements.
We thank Daniela Luerssen for her expertise and all participants for the lively exchange!
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash