The Berlin Music Commission (BMC) is the overarching network of the Berlin music industry. Our members come from all areas of the music industry, such as live entertainment, club culture, recorded music, music publishing, music software and music media. Further information about us can be found at www.berlin-music-commission.de.
For the communication and PR of our network work as well as our projects to strengthen the Berlin music industry, we are offering a position as an employee (f/m/d) in our office from January 2024.
- Revision of the network’s communication strategy
- Press and public relations work
- Social media management
- Initiating and implementing media partnerships
- Revision and maintenance of the Berlin Music Commission’s website
- Creation of sustainable promotional and communication materials
- Topic research, public relations and project documentation
- Communicative support for press events
- You have a confident writing style and find the right communication approach for every medium and target group
- You understand how traditional media and social media work and enjoy testing and implementing new ideas
- You have experience in communications management
- You are fantastically organized and like to take the initiative
- You have a good grasp of things and good time management skills
- You have practical experience in dealing with networks and the communicative framework conditions of public funding
- You are familiar with the music industry and ideally have initial contacts with the relevant media
- You have a friendly and team-oriented personality, are a good communicator and are able to resolve conflicts proactively
- You have a very good feel for language, copywriting skills and strong internet and social media skills
- You have good knowledge of common digital communication and design tools (MailChimp, Slack, Photoshop, Canva, In-Design)
- And good knowledge of the common MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as Google Suite
- Your native language is German or you speak, write and understand German to at least C1 level
- You speak, write and understand English to at least B2 level
You can expect:
- A varied and diverse range of tasks in a young and dynamic team
- A wide range of creative opportunities and great freedom of implementation in many exciting subject areas
- Helping to shape the transformation of the network and the office in the areas of sustainability, diversity and digitalization
- Flexible working hours and 30 days’ annual leave
- Opportunity for further professional training
- Insight into the various fields of work in the Berlin music industry, access to network meetings and scene events.
Working hours: 30 hours / week
Duration: Limited until 31.12.2024
Application deadline: November 30, 2023
Start: End of December / January
Please send your application (CV, short cover letter and current certificate of enrollment) by e-mail to Eva Kiltz (email@example.com) by 30.11.2023.
Applications from women/non-cis-male applicants and otherwise marginalized people are expressly welcome and will be given preference.Recognized severely disabled persons or persons with equivalent disabilities will be given preference if equally qualified. Please indicate any severe disability in your application.