Sprechstunde Musikwirtschaft “How to: Playlist-Pitching“
Landing in the popular playlists of streaming providers promises a lot of plays and therefore visibility and revenue. Playlists have therefore become an important tool in music marketing. But how do you make it onto the lists? And how does playlist pitching work in the first place? In the Sprechstunde Musikwirtschaft “How to: Playlist Pitching” on Thursday, September 1, Jörg Peters and Eleni Zafiriadou (recordJet) explained how participants can improve their chances of getting into the lists and answered questions about playlist pitching.
In the dialogue with the participants they addressed these topics, among others:
- How do you get on the coveted lists and what requirements do you have to meet as a musician?
- What myths are there that need to be dispelled?
- How exactly does playlist pitching work?
- How does the compilation of the songs come about?
- Playlist culture: the end of independent music discovery?
- Spotify playlists: what’s behind it and how can it be controlled?
- Manipulated click numbers and streams on Spotify – sustainable success, or only short-lived?
We thank Eleni and Jörg for the interesting talk and all participants for the lively exchange.