Hybrid Music Lab
Already in the past year the Berlin Music Commission (BMC) and the Clubcommission Berlin (CC) in cooperation with Eventbrite and recordJet organized the first Hybrid Music Lab and set to shine a light on current digital developments at the intersection of music and technology. Kicking things off in May, the first interdisciplinary workgroups or so-called labs will get together in the same composition within the scope of this year’s re:publica convention (#rp17). The format aims to distinguish cutting-edge digital developments, while encouraging pioneers, innovators and overall visionaries from the fields of music and tech to build a sustainable network and engage in forward-thinking dialogue
We will work along five major themes:
- Big Data – The music business can no longer ignore the increasing influence of big data. We’re talking Blockchain Technology, MIR (Music Information Retrieval), analysis software, new sensory tools, data-driven apps for event organizers and more.
- Artificial Intelligence – Not just something out of a Steven Spielberg movie. Let’s take a look at learning systems in the field of music such as Generative Audio, smart tools for audio composition, arranging or editing, artist spotting tools, A&R assistants, chatbots and Co.
- Virtual, Augmented & Mixed Reality – Daft who?! If you want to develop a VRMI (Virtual Reality Musical Instrument), record a Mixed Reality DJ set or test Augmented Reality marketing tools on Facebook Stories, you might want to bring your smartphone along to this one.
- Sustainable Music Business – We’re talking sustainability. Join us in determining and developing innovative models and investigating issues of sustainability along the music industry’s entire value chain. This is as much about the contents of your fridge as it is about human resource policy, re- and upcycling, energy, water and innovative event concepts. You name it.
- The Digital Club – You may have noticed a certain ongoing digital transformation in clubs and music venues. So this is all about process optimization in booking, ticketing and administration as well as about light, sound, electricity and the digital game of emotions.
- 08.-09. May 2017: For this years launch at re:publica 17
- 14. July 2017: Hybrid Music Lab Konferenz als Satellite-Event zum Tech Open Air