Facts & figures of the music business in the capital region (2012)
1. There are over 1.400 companies with more than 14.000 employees.
2. About 700 Millions Euro is achieved yearly.
3. Big music companies like Universal Music Germany, Sony Classics, Viacom International, Media Networks, DEAG, Sony Music Entertainment and EuroArts Medien are settled in Berlin.
4. The ECHO Award, Berlin Music Week with industry events and Berlin Festival, Young Euro Classics, club transmediale (CTM) are taking place here.
5. The creative music scene with innovative Start-ups like tape.tv, wahwah FM or SoundCloud is a pulse generator for the music economy.
6. The metropolis has got the greatest concert-living with over 250 live-locations, 130 national event- and promotion agencies and concert organizers.
7. Berlin has got an excellent infrastructure with more then 90 recording studios, more than 150 Music publishers and a multifaceted club culture.
8. Renowned music universities like the »Hanns Eisler« and the »Universität der Künste« are settled here, further ten renowned orchestras, two major concert halls, four operas, four musicals and revues.
9. Venues of all sizes: bars and clubs, theaters and concert halls, open air theaters and arenas as well as strong ties to film and television, print media, multimedia, art and culture, fashion and design are found in Berlin/Brandenburg.
10. The registered office of the most important networks and associations like Phono Verband, Club Commission, Label Commission and Berlin Music Commission are settled in the capital city.
11. The media and creative in Berlin-Brandenburg is on the rise: With 64% rated above-average number of respondents their business in the year as positive (the average of the years 2005 to 2011 is 59%). Another plus for the region: three quarters of last year recruited staff of the ICT,- media,- and creative industries came from Berlin-Brandenburg. This result indicates that in the region a large pool of human resources is available.
12. The whole creative economy with 37.000 companies and 300.000 employees achieves around 27 billion Euro a year.
13. The 2011 on behalf of the Chamber of Commerce Berlin, the Potsdam Chamber of Commerce and the Media Board Berlin-Brandenburg respondents in the performing or visual arts hold the offer of free and affordable labor and production facilities not for sufficient and talk together with the music branch for increased public support. (Source Kultur- und Kreativwirtschaftsindex Berlin/Brandenburg 2011)
More information in the Medienboard Standortbroschüre 2012, the Kultur- und Kreativwirtschaftsindex Berlin/Brandenburg 2011 and Medienbarometer 2011/12
Interactive Branch Map Music
Music industry Berlin
Creative City Berlin
The sound of Berlin
Discovering Music Archives
Business Location Center
- artevent / Nation of Gondwana
- Alisa Wessel
- ALV Royalty Software
- audiofarm berlin
- Berlin Festival
- Budde Music
- City Slang
- ebam Akademie
- Fête Company / Fête de la Musique
- Get Physical Music
- Headquarter Entertainment
- Idee Konzept Kultur
- IN-EDIT Musikfilmfestival
- Jazz-Meeting Berlin
- Morr Music
- pankow entertainment
- Piranha Arts
- SRH Hochschule der populären Künste
- Soda Club
- Sonar Kollektiv
- Superstar Entertainment
- Teleporter Music
- tip Berlin
- Traumton Records
- Werkstatt der Kulturen
- WiMP Music
- zitty Berlin